This may come as a surprise to some, but working with (and I use that word hesitantly) 3 separate insurance companies and 1 police department regarding 2 accidents that happened on the same day is not a terribly easy task. No joke: I was on the phone for 5 hours consecutive on Tuesday, conversing away with various representatives and adjusters, and as far as I can tell I accomplished exactly nothing. God bless America!
Anyway, all of this insurance talkin' has cut off a 65% chunk of my normally inexhaustible cache of free time, and the other 35% is tied up in a massive landscaping project that's going on in my backyard, so I haven't had much time (and by "much time" I mean "any time whatsoever") to piddle around with dumb crap, which is my pastime of choice.
An unbiased observer would note that this is the perfect time for me to lean heavily on the beautiful mess that is the world of user generated content. In this case, that unbiased observer would be right. Check it:
So I've been doing all of these speaker mod projects, which has left me with a vast array of oversized, uber-powerful magnets...
In much the same way as the Native Americans harvested the noble buffalo, I feel the need to use every part of a speaker after I slaughter it. Unfortunately, I'm just at a complete loss as to what to do with these things. I've honestly given it a lot of thought, but what you see above (a big pile of magnets that weighs about 60lbs) is all I've been able to create with them. That's where you folks come in.
Got an idea for what could be done with these things? Of course you do - why, I bet you could think of a million bajillion things to do with them. So why don't you leave just one of those ideas down in the comments area, to share your glorious idea with the whole of the Good Rubbish universe (an admittedly small universe, but one that's growing by the day)?
Here's an idea to get you started: Pick up one of the magnets and use it as a weapon by throwing it at Ann Coulter (I'd do this one myself, but my arms are so spindly... they can only produce this laughably weak, very Bradlee Van Pelt-esque level of velocity). Alright, now it's your turn. Do it up!
Note: Naturally, if anyone comes up with anything really great to do with these magnets I'll promptly steal their idea and use it as inspiration for a project on this fine blog... then again, if they'd prefer I could bestow upon them these magnets so that they might do the project themselves. There's a world of possibilities out there, I call it "Possibilitiopia". Delicious!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Labels: Null Set