Sunday, August 10, 2008

I COME FROM A LONG LINE OF PROLIFIC HANDYMEN

.
Ever since we moved into the home over a year ago, the external appearance of the McHanslaw manor has been sullied by the presence of a rather obtuse window-mounted air conditioning unit located off the side of the master bedroom on the second floor. Father McHanslaw in particular had taken a distaste for this device which we never used, so this past weekend he took it upon himself to thoroughly inspect the appliance in the hopes that he might be able to figure out a way to get it down from its lofty perch.

Anyone care to guess how this ended?

IMG_0692

That's what I call the, "oh shit, I just dropped this 100+lb metal block out of this fucking window" bird's eye view of the situation. That's our neighbor pictured there, he's assuming a rather casual form of the classic "Thankfully my spine was not crushed this afternoon" pose, first popularized by... I don't know, probably some jackass piano mover or something.

IMG_0696

The contraption fell from the second floor window pictured here on the side of our house, and crashed down behind those bushes (you can see the edge of it poking out from behind the leaves there). I was going to crudely circle these two areas in the hopes that doing so might help this picture make some measure of sense, but my marvelous copy of Windows Vista crashed when I tried to open Photoshop. Have I told you all yet how much I love this operating system? Because I really do. It's just fucking grand.

IMG_0694

You can also see one of our really nice storm windows in that last picture, though honestly I don't know how effective it's going to be in lowering our energy bills come this winter. One more carnage shot, just for good measure:

IMG_0695

Exemplary. God bless you, Father McHanslaw... you're an inspiration to us all.

No comments:

Followers