Poorly of course, but hey... they did get served. That's gotta be worth something, right?
A lesser man might take this opportunity to craft an exceptionally obvious "You Got Served" joke. I am not a lesser man, but I do have a propensity towards taking the easy way out of almost any situation I'm presented with, so here's my joke on the subject of that film: You Got Served was fucking terrible.
Anyway, at some point during the past 36 hours the always reliable Good Rubbish hit counter ticked its way over the 10,000 visitor mark, a momentous occasion that did much to warm the innermost cockles of my cold, shriveled heart. And by "heart" I actually mean "colon." Heaven help me, I really need money for surgery.
It should probably be noted that my hit counter records every time any page on here is visited, so at least in theory I could have just been sitting here for the past few weeks refreshing the home page over and over again to achieve this astonishing numerical accomplishment, but let's not kid ourselves here folks, it's not like I've got enough spare time to do something like that.
Regardless, I am quite grateful to all of you fine folks that stop by from time to time to bask in the inconsistent glow of my intermittantly divine and dreadful prose. I thank you kindly, sirs and madames, and please rest assured that I do appreciate your company on here.
By now you may be wondering whether I'm going anywhere of merit with this post, and let me be the first to assure you that I most certainly am not. I've been listening to speeches from the Republican National Convention all week, and as such my brain is currently functioning at about 4% of its normal capacity, so all I can really muster is a rambling, aimless, worthless quasi-diatribe much like the one you're currently reading.
That said, I have come away from the convention with some worthwhile realizations, so I'll share those with you now:
1. Executive experience is far more valuable than valid experience. As such, when I run for president in 2036 I'll be assigning the night manager from my neighborhood Arby's as my VP.
2. The stories of Sarah Palin's alleged hotness have been blown WAY out of proportion. Yeah, she's not actively bad looking, but for God's sake people, do we really need to act like the nation is nursing some sort of collective hard on over this woman? She looks like every soccer mom the Colorado suburbs have ever produced - certainly adequate, but in no way thrilling.
3. She's also arrogant as all hell and I'd trust her about as far as I can throw one of Margaret Cho's thighs. There, I'm done with Sarah Palin. No more.
4. I heard she eats babies though. Not saying it's true, just saying I heard it.
5. If the 2008 version of John McCain represents change, than I represent the American Association of Men with 40 Foot Long Cocks.
6. The following three videos should be watched by one and all, as they are as delicious as they are delectible (and yes, I really am that much of an idiot - apparently I'm entirely incapable of embedding anything that isn't based on youtube).
Barack Obama: He Completes Us
Grizzled Old Man Steals John McCain's Thunder
And seriously, if you haven't already seen this beauty, you really should:
The Sarah Palin Gender Card
God bless you, God bless Good Rubbish, and God Bless America.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Labels: Null Set